NorthWest school of Medicine (NWSM) is private medical college established in 2016. It is considered one the Best Private Medical college in KP Province. NWSM is located in Phase 5, Hayatabad, Peshawar.
NWSM Provides high standard facilities to their students in terms of Labs, consultancy, preparation and co-curricular activities. It has advance labs equipped with modern machines and technologies.
NorthWest School of Medicine Admissions
As per Pakistan Medical College and Khyber Medical University inspection, Northwest school of medicine is allowed to admit 100 students in MBBS every year. NWSM started working in 2016 and their first batch will graduate in December 2021.
In 2018 and 2019 when medical admissions were centralised through out the country, and each province medical admissions were done by one admitting university is that province, selected by PMC, NWSM stands 3rd highest merit in Private Medical Colleges of KPK.
In 2020 and onwards PMC allowed every private medical college to do their own admissions, so as per PMC private medical colleges admissions are open from July, and colleges can advertise their admissions and start accepting students.
Those students who are done with PMC NMDCAT are can apply in Northwest School of Medicine for MBBS.
NWSM Admission Eligibility Criteria
- FSc/HSSC or Equivalent with Biology/Physics/Chemistry Subjects (Pre-Medical)
- At least 65% marks in FSc/HSSC/A Levels or Equivalent
- At least 65% marks in PMC NMDCAT Result
Admissions in NWSM starts in July and ends in December. Classes for new session starts from January.
How to Apply
- Admission portal opens on 1st of August 2022 (http://nwsm.edu.pk/admissions)
- Interim merit list will be displayed on website as and when necessary, during the process of admission
- Final admission list will be made public by or before 30th January 2023 and sent to authority for review
- Students’ transfer from other institutions will start on March 1, 2023, as per PMC regulations
- Foreign students’ admission will be as per PMC regulations
- The admission process shall be conducted through an online portal and in a transparent manner with the final merit list and admission list being provided to the authority for purpose of review and record on the date of issuance of the merit list and admissions list
- Admission will be open to everyone fulfilling the criteria
- Students’ admission/registration fee with SAS NWSM, as determined by PMC will be non-refundable.
- Hostel accommodation will be available on first come first serve basis after paying the dues.
NorthWest School of Medicine Fee Structure
As per admissions 2021-22 NWSM fee for open merit was 1.3 Million PKR for 1st year. For foreign students fee for all private medical colleges is 12000 US Dollars for 1 year. Foreign students pay in US Dollars.
|Open Merit||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||5th Year||Full Course|
If in case foreign students seats are not filled, the quota is converted in to open merit seats.
NWSM Affiliation and Recognition
Northwest School of Medicine is affiliated with Khyber Medical University, Peshawar and is recognized by Pakistan Medical Commission.
NWSM is affiliated with KMU for 100 MBBS seats only.